Sunday, March 3, 2013

Finished "Beautiful Darkness"!

So far so good with the Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl series!  I just finished "Beautiful Darkness (Beautiful Creatures)" and am still enjoying it.  Next up is "Beautiful Chaos (Beautiful Creatures)", which I can't wait to start.

Something I love most about this series are the funny or insightful lines from the characters.  I think my favorite is Link, Ethan's best friend, who is brilliantly stupid.  His lines have me laughing out loud at times.  But all the characters have their moments of hilarity or insightfulness, from Amma to The Sisters to Liv and beyond.  Their Southern wit is as sweet as their tea (although Liv is British, so don't get your knickers in a twist!). 

Here's are a few samples of lines from "Beautiful Darkness" that had me chuckling or nodding sagely:

"You're just holding on to a different edge of the same jagged hole.  We're both lost." - Ethan

"What can I say?  I have that effect on the ladies.  This voice is as smooth as butter." - Link

"We don't get to choose what is true.  We only get to choose what we do about it." - Marian

"Cat's stupider than I thought if he, doesn't know about Amma's fried chicken." - Link (as he and Ethan look for Lucille, Aunt Mercy's lost Siamese cat)

"As the Good Lord as my witness, we cleared outta there faster than a cat with its tail on fire." - Aunt Mercy

"The right thing and the easy thing are never the same." - Lila (Ethan's mom)

"Ya'll are gonna find that gold-eyed Lena Duchannes.  Even a blind squirrel sometimes finds himself a nut." - Aunt Prue

"Face it.  The four of us are dead...With one dead cat." - Link


I could go on but I'd rather hear from you.  Tell me some of your favorite Caster Chronicles quotes!

Until then,
Happy reading!
Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment